Sunday, July 5, 2009

Anges e Demoni -- kinda close to going to Italy!

So, I went to see Angels and Demons tonight.  First off, it is important to note that I went by myself.  Now, evidently I have gone to Europe by myself -- twice -- but for whatever reason, I feel weird about going to a movie by myself.  Well, another fear crossed off the list!  I'm getting good at this!

The movie starts and I am immediately transported back to Rome.  Every location I have seen.  Still, it looked bigger, more majestic, more historic than I even remembered.  I felt my heart jump into the screen -- rather the city -- that lies so many miles away.  It is amazing how much one can love a city and a country that they have just encountered.  Same thing with the language.  I was proud of myself for knowing the few words of Italian that were mingled with the English and when compared, just are so much more melodic and beautiful.  

I think it is safe to say that I am in love with Italy.  Bet you didn't see that one coming!  I just felt like I had to be back there...despite my two trips in the last six months!  It must be a sign.


No comments: