Saturday, June 6, 2009

A wonderful last day in Italia

Despite the grey, I had a fabulous last day in Florence. The threat of rain discouraged me from making the trek to Lucca, but I had a lovely last day here. We headed out and had a fantastic, traditional Italian meal -- lasagne for the primi piatti, chicken parmiggiana for the secondi and torte di panni for dolce. Fantastico! Afterwards we headed again to Piazzale Michelangelo to see the views of Firenze for the last time. It was so perfect. We watched a wedding taking place at a restaurant across from the piazza and the bride looked so beautiful. How lucky the couple are to have such an amazing venue to start their marriage together.

I am coming home tomorrow. I am very sad about this and am already thinking of my next visit. There are so many decisions to make...

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have a very huge lump in my throat Kris.... and tears pricking. Ah, motherhood.... It matters not if you are 3 or 30, the urge to 'make it all better' will, alas, stay with me forever I think....

If you are up to it, I hope you'll call me when you get home.

Love Mom